Once again, My Wii News is looking for new bloggers. If you can handle searching for the latest news about the Nintendo Wii system and putting it into your own words, then your just the kind of person we’re looking for. More specifically, someone who can commit to writing between 2-4 posts per week. Not a whole lot of work, and a great opportunity for you to get some extra writing skills under your hat.
- A real enthusiasm for and knowledge of the Nintendo Wii.
- Solid, speedy writing skills and the ability to self-edit.
- A good understanding of the English language.
- Basic photo-editing skills and software.
- A willingness to follow instructions and an understanding of teamwork.
- A willingness to commit time and effort My Wii News. It is entirely possible to take this on in addition to a full-time job or schoolwork, (most everyone else does) but it is definitely a commitment of time and effort.
Sounds good, yea? OK, so how do you apply?
- Prepare a sample post about the Wii. You must include the source for your news/rumors/material.
- Compose a short bio that will help convince us that you are perfect for the position. Include all applicable contact information.
- Let us know when you’re available. If you have other commitments, let us know which days and times you will be completely (or mostly) unavailable.
- Compose an e-mail (word docs accepted) and send to tek428 [at] gmail [dot] com with the words MY WII NEWS APPLICATION in the subject line. Or, click the contact link in the NAVBAR above and send a message through it.
Things you should not do:
- Plagiarize. (Anyone caught plagarizing you will be fired immediately.)
- Use profanity.
- Ignore the instructions.
- Skip proofreading and spell-checking.
- Apply if you are not truly serious.
Hello everyone!Â We are happy to announce the opening of our forums. It is something that is long overdue for My Wii News and it has finally arrived. It’s a community forum where everyone can gather to discuss game strategies, exchange friend codes, ask questions, submit reviews, read reviews, or just hang out and shoot the breeze. Please feel free to contribute your views, opinions and information.
No matter your gaming forte, there is a forum there for you, so come on in and join us for a while. We will be monitoring the forums so if you need any help or feel the need to be entertained, we will do our best to serve you.
The link to the forums is in the “navigation bar” near the top of the page, or you could simply click the link below.
In order to show everyone how much we appreciate having you as loyal readers, we are having a contest that gives you the opportunity to win The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess and the Prima Strategy Guide to accompany it. The guide will show you where every single item is in the game, and the earliest possible time you can pick them up. It will become invaluable in your quest to exterminate Ganon.
Each of you can get yourselves five chances to enter. Here’s how.
- The first way to get yourself an entry is to simply create a comment after your read this. Be sure to give us lots of love, and you get one entry.
- If you have a blog or a website and you give us a link* and you get another entry. When you leave your comment here, be sure to leave a link to where you gave us a link, otherwise we won’t know about it!
- If your a member of some forums somewhere (and who isn’t?) give us a link* and you get another entry. Don’t be spammy either. If a forum owner complains that you spammed their board for this contest, your entry will be disqualified. Same as above, you have to tell us where you left the link so we can verify it.
- Subscribing to our RSS feed will get you an entry.
- Subscribing to our daily email feed delivery will get you an entry. When you leave your comment, the email you enter must match the one that you used for the daily feed delivery. The links to both our RSS feed and email feed delivery are located in the top right corner of every page.
(*Feel free to mention the contest in your blog posts and forum links, but links should vary. We don’t want everyone linking to this solitary post. For example, you could link to our homepage or your favorite posts, columns, or categories. This feature article by Ilchymis is a great article to link to!)
There you have it, five chances to enter to win a great game and guide to go along with it. The lucky winner will be chosen at random on the first day of March 2008. Something such as this list randomizer will be used, and the drawing will likely even be recorded.
The winner will be contacted via the email address used to leave comments, so it must be valid. If the winner cannot be contacted, or does not reply to the winning notification email within 2 weeks, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be randomly selected.
Mywiinews.com authors are not eligible for entry.
AND THE WINNER IS….
A couple of days late, I know. So here is what I did. I assigned everyone a number. Those who had more than one entry got more than one number assigned. If you had five entries, you got five numbers. Got me? I then entered the numbers into Random.org. So, who had the winning number? That would be none other than Jeff Delano!
Congratulations Jeff. I will send you an email to finalize things.
Be sure to check back soon everyone. I expect another contest before long!
Looking For: Staff Writers
Job Description : You will be tasked with writing reviews on Wii games including a score for graphics, gameplay, overall and optional controls and sound based on the type of game. Previews for games must also be done, such as when new footage is shown or info on a title is released a short article detailing the news in your own words and adding to it, or speculating on future events. Thirdly, you can post about Wii News also. Anything about the Wii that is relevant, but your primary focus will be on game reviews.
To apply for this posting please contact us.
Were you good enough this year to receive the gift of all gifts? It is the Grand Puba of Christmas gifts for the past two years now. I’m sure you know what I am talking about. You wouldn’t be here reading this if you didn’t know. It’s the Nintendo Wii of course!
With several million Wii in circulation, the odds are pretty good that if you wanted one, you got it. With that being said, there were still not enough to go around. It may not have been so hard to find one, but the people who happen to know how to score twenty at a time to resell on Ebay don’t really help make it any easier for those people who don’t want to pay more than double the retail price (read $500 US or more.)
The Wii has really brought a generation of gamers who had all but quit playing, right back into the mainstream gaming community. While the Wii is not as graphics rich as the Xbox 360 or Sonys PS3 it has some of the better games, in my opinion. What other console can you play Mario on… legally? Mario is the character that got us late 20 to early 30 somethings into gaming into the first place. If it weren’t for the NES and Super Mario Bros. I can’t say for certain that I would have gotten into gaming. I’m sure that goes for a lot of others as well.
I used to have an XBOX, and played it quite a bit at first. In fact, I was a Beta tester for the XBOX Live service, back in the day. I was in the first round of 20,000 or so that got to play LIVE. After all of that wore off, I got tired of it. The XBOX just didn’t do it for me, and I wasn’t a big fan of the PS2. I had pretty much gotten out of gaming…until the Wii.
Thank you Nintendo for bringing me back into the gaming world. Thank you Nintendo for the Wii.
So what’s your story? Did you get or give a Wii for Christmas?